Premium Features

I have read and understand the Cogboard Bounty rules

Bounty Request Format:

Discord Username: HamishEwen

Payment Information (Optional)

Description of Cog: Premium features for commands

V2 or V3: V3

API’s or other information: None

Other info (Bounty, issues, ETC): Adding a feature for users to pay for commands.

Why are you trying to monetize the bot that all the contribs work on for free? Why are you looking to capitalize on this offer where someone else writes you these nebulous “premium features” you’re asking for, and don’t even know how to write?

I was just asking because I didn’t know

Please respect the time and effort everyone puts into the bot and all of its 3rd party cogs and don’t ask to make money off our work. If you write your own code for whatever you think is “premium”, that’s a different story.

Well I do have a cog, am I able to make that premium?

If you remove code credits from the bot, remove attribution in the bot to who wrote it, or claim that the bot is your work there’s going to be some issues there. Monetization of the bot or its components are frowned on generally, but you should get a lawyer or legal advice surrounding the bot’s licence and all of the other 3rd party licenses that each cog creator provides and how that works with asking for money for code and functionality you didn’t create. If you have some cog you’ve written and you put it on the bot and you ask for money for use of the bot and that code… and you don’t claim you wrote the bot, I don’t really see much wrong with that scenario, but this is also not an all-inclusive answer. This is also not legal advice. Be cautious on this path you are pursuing and respect our work. I am closing this request because I don’t agree with the spirit of this and honestly find it a bit offensive.

1 Like