I don’t have a huge amount of money, but I’m happy to contribute what I can once I get paid.
Description of Cog:
I previously requested a cog over on the old github bounty board to enable RCON control of game servers through discord channels. Most of the core of the cog was completed but quite a few additional features never made it in and the developer has gone silent now for a few months.
Currently the cog allows sending of commands and receiving responses via RCON and has a live chat feature to fetch chat messages from servers that support it. These are the features that never made it in:
- Sending command output to channel topic (online player list etc)
- Configurable private message command alias
- Notifications of server status (going up and down) with configurable mentions
- Unicode support for games that output unicode through rcon
- Crosschat between servers (not essential but would be nice)
- General tidying up of debug messages and help text
V2 or V3:
V2 for now but possibly a V3 re-write once it’s more supported.
API’s or other information:
Previously requested cog: https://github.com/Sebass13/Sebass-Cogs/tree/master/rcon
RCON library used in current cog: https://pypi.org/project/aiorcon/
If you need a server to test stuff on drop me a message in discord and I can boot up a test server.