Help modifying a few files (Paid)

Discord Username
Baid#0001

Payment Information (Optional)
I would be willing to commission anyone who is willing to help me with this.

Description of Cog (Just editing, not creating a new one).

I’ve been using red bot for almost 2 years now, I wouldn’t call myself a coder, more of a configurer. I absolutely love the bot and the community. I’m in a bit of a situation, I wish to give access to the FTP where the bot is hosted to a friend, for them to access cogs. But, I don’t want them having access to all of the cogs on the bot. I would like to know if it’s possible, through editing core red (I’ll elaborate more on that later*) if there’s a way to add cogs using another folder, having two folders which cogs can be added to and red would detect cogs in both of them, so then I could restrict their access to that directory.

*I’m aware it’s editing core red which is unsupported and can cause issues with the bot itself. If this is possible, I was wondering if anyone would be able to make the modifications for me. I would commission you appropriately of course.

Thank you for your time.

I’m still on V2

API’s or other information
Just the core red files.

Other info (Bounty, issues, ETC)
I need this within the next week, I’d be willing to pay out as much as is needed for this.

It’s unfortunate that you are on V2 here, V3 has something builtin for this. Do keep in mind that cogs run code, so they could gain access to the other cogs via the ones you load from another directory.

The best solution here would be a git repository and downloader use. It does work with private repos if you configure your keychain and that is a concern. It may (not sure) work with local remotes as well, but this does not solve the ftp solution (but should provide an ssh/sftp one)

If even with all of the above information you still want to do it the way described, feel free to DM me on discord, and I’ll respond when I can (may depend on timing with the new year somewhat)

Hey there,

We’re closing any bounties that have gone unclaimed for over 60 days. If you feel like this is an error, or are still interested in this bounty. Please flag this post with the Something Else category and state if you believe if this was a mistake, or if you’re still interested in this bounty.