[APPROVED] Sentinel (Cogs)

Discord Name:
Kowlin#2536

GitHub Repository (Must be V3):

Description:
These non-GMO, organic free-range, origami based, sea salted cogs have been baking in the sun for over an year and now I finally feel comfortable to release them into the wild onto your plate.

For the main course we have: GitHubCards,
This cog is where most of my free creative time went into, a cog to serve you the freshest GitHub issues and PRs on a silver platter.

Followed up with the unfortunately named: AntiRP
This cog doesn’t stop roleplayers, it will however stop unauthorized rich presence invites. As Discord made it so that anyone could send a rich presence invite without the Embed messages permission.

As sauce to go along with that we have: Massmove
The premiere cog to annoy everyone while making everyone deaf due to mass moving members. Does what is said on the can, mass-moves everyone to and from another channel!

And as desert: Freshmeat
Don’t ask me why we’re having meat as desert… I don’t know, the chefs told me to do so. But here we are. This cog allows you to find the finest fresh meat in your server to shoo away make friends with!

2 Likes

Hi Kowlin#2536, thank you for your patience while I review your repo.

Commit hash at time of review - 2439bb6edfd24b594c41e7ba06b82d111eed24c9

antirp

antirp.py

• Line 143: You shouldn’t use bare excepts, use except Exception or preferrably catch the ones you want to catch explicitly. (Optional)

freshmeat

freshmeat.py

• Line 55-57: This could be included in your original loop to avoid needing to iterate twice for the same data. (Optional)
  • This entire cog will fail in channels where the bot is missing embed_links permission. Consider using the @commands.bot_has_permissions(embed_links) decorator or check the context channel permissions later and build a text only response.

githubcards

core.py

• Line 29: lol (Optional)

massmove

massmove.py

• Line 57: You shouldn’t use bare excepts, use except Exception or preferrably catch the ones you want to catch explicitly. (Optional)

I have one minor issue that should be resolved and then I’ll be happy to mark this as approved.

I was informed the changes have been made on discord and confirmed. Marking this as approved.